I am Leslie Johnson, a certified and insured Tennis Instructor. I specialize in teaching juniors aged 4-14 and adult beginners.
I believe that tennis is a sport for a lifetime. My goal first and foremost is for children to have fun while learning in every lesson. My secondary goal is to instill kids and adults with a love of the game. Lessons consist of warm-ups, skill development, practice, and games, with the overall objective of being able to play recreational tennis matches with others with similar abilities.
I am not a high-performance coach, but if that is your goal, I can put you in touch with some excellent coaches in the area.
My educational background:
- PTR Certified Instructor, 10 and Under, 11 to 17, and Adult Development.
- USTA Certified Recreational Coach, and USTA 10-and-Under Tennis Coach.
- Secretary, Benchmark Tennis, a non-profit organization that provides match play events and sets standards for juniors.
- Tennis Instructor for Willow Glen and St. Leo the Great Elementary Schools: after-school tennis programs on the blacktop for elementary-school kids.
- Coach for USTA Junior Team Tennis League and Interclub (Green, Orange, and Red-Ball).
- Active Captain and Player in USTA Leagues: Women’s 3.0 and 3.5, Combo Women’s 6.5, Mixed 6.0 and 7.0.
- USTA Norcal Adult League Committee member. 2011 USTA Norcal League Volunteer of the Year.
- Kinesio Tape Rock Doc, certified in Level 1 Fascial Movement Taping.
Before becoming a tennis coach, I worked in high-tech for 23 years. I escaped in 2011.